Thursday, December 25, 2008

Okay, so I lied...

Alright, so I know I said that my last post was going to be the last one before I left, but something awesome happened, so I had to post and tell you all about it.

Yesterday, my mom and I went to the Wachovia in Leland to get cash for me to take on the trip. I asked the teller for bills printed in the year 2002 or newer, since we were instructed that when we exchange our money in Nairobi they won't accept old bills.

She asked why I needed them to be printed within those dates, so I told her I was going to Kenya. She asked what part I was going to, and when I replied, "Nakuru--it's a little nothwest..." she cut me off before I could finish and said "Yeah, I've been there!" "You're kidding!" I said. She then went on to tell me she was living with a missionary family over there, how long she was there for, etc. I couldn't believe in the middle of nowhereville Leland that I ran into a bank teller who had already been to the part of Kenya where I was going. She continued talking, and told us about how she got very sick while she was over there, but God protected her and she made it through.

God, you are way awesome. You knew exactly what bank I was going to, exactly which line I was going to stand in, and exactly which teller was going to assist us. You put her there, and you put me there in the same place, and the same time, to share one amazing story, one common thread, and one real belief that God is an amazing God.

1 comment:

Nicole Cramer said...

Hey Andy. I hope you are safe and doing well. Can't wait until you come back and I get to hear all about your trip!