Monday, November 10, 2008

The Name Game!

Whew- we had our 3rd team meeting yesterday, and I've finally got everyone on the team's name down (I am so terrible with names, it's embarassing.) But I've got it now, so yay!

We received the materials we'd be covering while we are there, in the hopes of being able to brainstorm our ideas in terms of how we can relate the material to the kids in a large group setting, a small group setting, and come up with some crafts, games, etc. to tie it all together. We'll have a brainstorming meeting later and share all of our ideas, and whatever sticks we will run with. The group is so eclectic and come from so many different areas of expertise, so I'm sure we'll come up with some awesome stuff. Our theme for the week will be the Spiritual Armour (you know...belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, shield of faith, etc.)

We broke up into small groups to discuss spiritual strenghts and weaknesses we were struggling with, especially pertaining to our trip. Seems like a lot of us are simply struggling with focus, and time management. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the logistics of a trip like this, and to forget about spiritually preparing. Please pray for the team, that we'll be focused, that we'll be tending to our relationship with Christ, and that we'll have faith in God's provision.

Also, I got an update on my fundraising. I'm at $2,000 already! God is so good, and so faithful!

In addition to the fundraising money I've received, I'm going to have a holiday jewelry show in December...sort of an "all proceeds benefit" deal in order to get some money together for my incidentals of the trip. (Oh yeah, if you didn't know...I make jewelry. Now you know!)So I'll be driving myself mad making all sorts of little treasures between now and December 6th. If you're interested in coming, I've got the invite listed at the bottom of this post.

I've been travelling and sick lately, so I apologize for the lack of posts on the blog. I'll be better about it in the future. Scout's honor.



No comments: